Friday, January 9, 2009

Stocking Cap and More!

The week started out dreary, cool and rainy. It was perfect to curl up in a blanket and ponder new projects. My nephew's birthday is this weekend. He turns 13! The boys are going to his house Saturday for a sleepover and I wanted them to give him something special. I searched through blogs and landed on this one, Bag 'n' Trash. I was inspired by the stocking cap she made. I thought a teenager might have some fun with it. I headed to my lys. Look what yarn, a pattern and a few days of knitting resulted in -
Knit with Karabella Aurora 8 yarn. It is soft and washable if need be.


I consulted Susan's blog for the tutorial on how to line the hat with fleece. This hat is a first stocking cap for me. It is a first at making the pom pom. It was a great project to start out the new year. The true test will come when the recipient tries it on! But, I know of two boys who were quite interested and envious. I started one for them. I know. I will have to make two - one for each if they like it. We'll see how that goes!

Lastly, I finally picked up a book. I started the year off with the book about Randy Pausch's last lecture.

I watched his actual lecture sometime ago on YouTube. The book follows the lecture. I found it to be insightful especially at the start of new year. It got me thinking about my dreams, having fun with my kids, and just living life to its fullest. The read kept me motivated to knit the hat. I wanted to create something new! And, I did it!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love this new hat Becky!! It looks really warm and it's a lot of fun too! I know that book would be good. I'm kind of at that place of living in the present and appreciating everything and everyone around me.