Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a nice weekend even with the silly science fair project looming. I know. You are thinking that I have a degree in Chemical Engineering and don't appreciate science fairs. I love the science. I just struggle with all the stuff that goes with it.

We watched a few movies.

This movie is a couple years old. I recommend it. The power of singing in a chorus definitely comes through. After you watch, check out their website. I am going to keep them on my radar screen when they start to perform again in July.

I watched this one with the boys. It kept their attention. The acting is horrible but it does have a good message. It got us talking with Peanut about child abuse. It is a bit of a heavy theme, but all is well in the end.


On Saturday night, the Big Guy and I went out to dinner. It has been way too long since we went on a real date. It was nice and the food was good. It is so nice to have an older boy who can babysit. The boys watched the movie Meet Dave. They said that is was good - consider the source!

On Sunday, we found the Panera that recently opened in the Memphis area. We've waited all these years and now we have one about 20 minutes away. We snagged some bagels. They added to our family breakfast that we had. I headed to the lys and bought some more yarn. I finished a hat for a baby shower gift. I'll post pictures tomorrow. I got yarn for stocking caps for the boys. With the shower gift done, I can get started!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That first movie's poster cracks me up! They look like they're having fun! I'll have to look for those! You'll be so happy when this science fair is over, won't you!! ;)