Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day 2009

At the eleventh hour, the kids got a snow day yesterday! Mother Nature brought it all on just before the buses were to pull out of the lots. We even woke Pumpkin up seeing that school was open. He did not make it to the shower before we saw they had changed their minds and school was closed.

This is what the crepe myrtle outside our front door looked like.

It rained most of the night. We are extremely grateful we did not the horrible ice storm so many others got.

We bundled up pretty early to enjoy it all before it melted. We decided to walk Buddy. On our way up the driveway, Peanut shot a basket. Too funny! The net was frozen and the ball would not fall through. It is still there this morning.

It was quite blustery when we headed north and west. I was laughing at myself. I've morphed into a Southerner thinking it was cold in the wind. Where we lived in Pennsylvania, there was always a wind! Buddy was a bit rambunctious in the snow. He kept diving his snout down into the the white stuff.

We came home from the walk and I made hot chocolate. It was a great use for the left over candy canes. We were out of marshmellows and whipped cream. But, the boys did not mind. They played with the candy canes watching them dissolve and trying to bend them when they became more pliable.

Yesterday was a nice break from the routine. Pumpkin made some progress on his science fair project. He made lots of progress on Michael Phelps' book, No Limits. He knows how to play my game. When he got bored with the science fair, he grabbed his book thinking I would leave him alone if he was reading!! I am crossing my fingers the project gets done before the book is finished! We are all crossing our fingers that the project is done before the Super Bowl starts on Sunday. I have a house of boys that love to watch that game. I think they are all cheering for the Steelers!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Woo hoo Steelers!!!!! I hope you're cheering for our team!!!

We enjoyed the quiet day off yesterday too. Unfortunately the ice and snow are really sticking around here! Tell E good luck on his project!!!