Friday, January 23, 2009

This Week!

First question - Where did the week go?

On Tuesday, I felt like a magnet being pulled back to the TV set. Years ago we watched the Persian Gulf War parade camping out on the DC mall all day waiting to take in the fireworks. I thought the Metro was crowded when we tried to make our way home after those fireworks. I can't imagine what it was like on Tuesday. Our sixteen year old nephew got to go. I am interested to see what he thought. The first story down the family phone tree was that they were up at 3 am the day of the Inauguration to get to their "spot."

On Wednesday, Peanut got his top braces off! Look at his new smile and funny face. I keep finding myself staring at him honing in on his teeth. The ortho made an impression for a bite plate. We'll find out what that is all about next week. He still has the lip bumper on the bottom.


Thursday, I met a friend for lunch and we brought our knitting along. It was fun to knit and talk. I am trying to organize a Knitting Triangle with three of us. I hope to have the Triangle here for lunch and knitting in the next few weeks.

Today, the awards were given out at Pumpkin's school. These are semester awards. He received the Honor Roll certificate and Principal's Honor recognition.


As if that was not enough, Pumpkin was awarded the Citizenship Award for his team. The teachers picked two kids from each home room for the semester. In this last picture he is holding the Citizenship certificate standing next to the girl who won on his team.

I feel like I have been slacking as far as pictures and blogging goes. I wanted to post this and be done with it. The boys are waiting to watch a movie with me. I'll let you know if any in our selections are any good! Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Tell E congrats on his awards!! and A that he is quite handsome!!!