Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What I've Been Up To

It has been a week or so since I last added an entry. Where did the time go? We were hibernating like the rest of the country. We got some of the cold weather down here in Tennessee!

One evening, the boys decided Buddy's paws might be cold. Peanut's socks fit his paws "perfectly." Buddy did not want anything to do with those socks. He promptly sprawled out and did not move.

I spent lot of my free time working on this beret. It took me a more than a day. I had a hard time reducing the hat for the brim. I did not give up! I kept trying and trying. I think I am going to line it with a small band of fleece. Then, it will get packed up and sent away as a birthday present. I used handpainted yarn from Pancake and Lulu.

We spent the weekend at a swim meet. Pumpkin had a good meet. It was a prelim/final meet. He got to go back and swim each evening. Peanut tried to time him with his watch timer and it was so funny. He'd forget to start or stop the timer. That sounds like something I'd do. Peanut had soccer and basketball. We were grateful for having Monday off. The boys worked on their science fair projects. Peanut is in great shape. Pumpkin has LOTS of work to do. We'll be pulling our hair this coming weekend as we approach the due date!! Peanut pulled out his woodburning kit that he got for Christmas. This is his first creation.

We took this photo of Buddy last night. As I write this, he is at the groomer. They are cleaning him up. I hope they only trim him as I love him all shaggy. I know he will appreciate having the hair out of his eyes!

We are getting some snow flurries. Peanut is wishing for me. I don't think so. It is grey and cool. I'll be busy today catching up and watching the TV. This is day of history for the USA!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I LOVE that beret!!! Very cool!! I think I started to read this entry a while ago and got interrupted... the story of my life right now... Ellie just got groomed yesterday and NO trimming! She got wacked last time!