Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stocking Cap II & Growing Up

I got this stocking cap finished for Peanut just in time to take with us to DC. There were a few days that he needed it. However, brother pressure got the best of him and he wore a baseball cap instead. I really did not mind as I did not want him to lose this hat on the streets of our nation's capital. The cap is made from the same pattern I used for Pumpkin's hat. I really like the Karabella 8. It is lovely to knit and is machine washable. The hat is lined with a band of royal blue fleece just to make it extra cozy. The Big Guy liked the colors of Peanut's hat. So, I used up all my odds and ends to make him one. I had plenty of time to knit on our drive to/fro DC. I actually ran out of yarn and could not complete his. I got another skein this morning to finish it up.


On the first Friday of spring break Pumpkin was invited to spend the night at a friend's house. We were busy with Peanut's soccer tournament and could not drive him there. He decided to ride his bike. His friend's house is about a mile away. The streets are not too busy with only one busier intersection. I felt like this was a monumental moment as he went out by himself. He was thrilled with the responsibillity. It was a bit chilly. This is a picture of him arriving home safely. Even Buddy was happy to see him home! I was proud and doubly impressed as the boys actually went to bed by about 1 am!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love the stocking cap! It would be a cute Christmas cap in red & white!! You're SO good!!! Please... don't remind me that they're growing up!!! I am having a hard time with that thought right now!