Sunday, March 29, 2009

Two Reads

I'll get to the Washington DC pictures eventually. We had a great time and I am wrestling with how to present the pictures. Three of us, Peanut, Pumpkin, and I, took pictures. You can only imagine what they look like! I will work on that this week.

On the book front, I finished two books recently.

The first was Against Medical Advice by Patterson & Freidman. It is a nonfictional account of a boy's battle with Tourette's syndrome. The book opened my eyes to those that struggle with any afliction. The power of family is an underlying theme throughout. In no way was the book light-hearted but it was a quick ready. It is organized in shorter chapters typical of James Patterson.

The second book I read was The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve. I know it was an Oprah book years ago. My mother in law gave it to me in February. It is a quick read too. The story touched my heart as I was thinking about the two Fedex pilots that lost their lives in Tokyo. This book is fiction. The idealist in me loved the ending.

I've started another book and am in the middle of three knitting projects. Here's to a productive week!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

If you want a mindless book... I just finished "Second Chance". Though maybe it's a little sad... the main character is almost exactly like me!!