Monday, April 6, 2009

Washington DC Remembered

I can't believe our spring break was complete over two weeks ago! I thought I'd finally share some pictures. We had a great time. The boys are at the perfect ages. They know lots about our government and they were willing to walk FOREVER to see as much as we could. At times, I thought I was the one with the least amount of stamina!

What an amazing representation of the flag. This flies at the Smithsonian's American History museum. We also got to see the original flag, but we could not take any pictures.

We braved the Metro at the height of rush hour one evening to meet a friend for dinner. This escalator at the DuPont Circle stop was deemed the largest one Peanut has ever been on!

Following dinner, a fellow Metro rider offered to take a family photo. We aren't even Irish and we got the green thing covered on St. Patty's day. I guess that is because I love green!

We spent an entire day at Mount Vernon. It was awesome exceeding our expectations. They added an educational center underground. It was amazing. This is what you see when you enter it. George's eyes follow you into the museum. I love melding technology and history.


The World War II Memorial is new since the last time we were in DC in 1996. They did an amazing job nestling it in on the mall.

Here the boys are waiting to catch a glimpse of Michelle Obama. We waited around only to be forced out by all the security. Oh! Well!


For the first time, I am using MyPublisher to create a book on our trip. I need to do a final editing today and get it ordered. I though this might be a good way to access photos and memories in the future!

The trip was wonderful - even the 14 hour drive to and fro. It makes us want to see more! Any good ideas for summer vacations???

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Your trip does sound like it was great! We haven't been to Mt. Vernon yet... I need to add that to my list of places to go! The last time we went to DC, I realized how much I needed to walk more! I guess you were there right before the cherry blossoms. The new American Indian Museum is a really great one next time you go!