Monday, April 27, 2009

Super Duper Sunday!

We got up early and rode our bikes to 8am mass. It brought back memories as the boys and I used to ride that way to and from school when they went to parochial schools. Back then, I had to ride leisurely making sure Peanut could keep up with us. No more! All three of the boys were waiting for me at the top of the hill. I was sort of strolling to stay pleasant for church. But, there is no question any more. They are faster bike riders than I am. The Big Guy is so understanding. He doesn't seem to mind waiting for me. He just tells me to keep riding and not worry about the speed.

The Big Guy rode back up to church to pick them up from PRE. I stayed home getting breakfast ready. We ate outside! It was lovely. The sun was not baking us and the flies haven't gotten the message yet. We had muffins, scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and fruit with yogurt.

Pumpkin's expression looks like he is worried about the food. He ate it all! I think he was embarrassed that I would be taking a picture. You'd think they'd know by now that I like to take photos for this blog. I like seeing his reflection in the table.

We took a break about a month ago from fruit and yogurt. That was a breakfast staple. We switched to cereal just for a change. I was glad to have the fruit back and enjoyed every bite of it! Berries are ripe in our area. Yum! Yum!


We spent the rest of the day in the yard. We cut the grass. We edged. We weeded the beds and said goodbye to the pansies. We planted coleus, calladiums, and begonias in the front beds. In between, the boys got their hair cut and Peanut went to soccer practice. The Big Guy installed a metal protector on our back screen door. We hope it keeps Buddy from scratching through the screen. As I mentioned, the weather has been fabulous. We have to take advantage of having the windows open. We only get a few days before the A/C runs regularly. We were spent by the end of the day.

I rallied grilling chicken breasts for dinner. I tried a very simple kale recipe sauteing it in olive oil, wine, garlic, salt and pepper. It was not that bad. I just needed to cook it longer. I have another bunch to make for dinner tomorrow. It does make a difference having the fresh veggies. This kale looks beautiful.

We had a fabulous Sunday. There are very few days where the weather is bearable and the bugs are at bay. We took advantage of it!

As a footnote, the rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. The Big Guy and I had a romantic (Ha!) grocery shopping trip on Saturday night. It was nice to have company. He quickly reminded me that I'd have four extra hands in just about a month. Where has this school year gone??

Off to take advantage of the week. We are trying this for dinner. I am worried that my accompanying bread is not crusty enough. We'll see how it goes. The house smells like garlic which is in the dish. Oops! I have to sing tonight! I hope it is not too bad.

No comments: