Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Snapshots

This year I remembered to dye eggs. Hardboiled eggs are not a favorite in this house, but I boiled up a little under two dozen limited by the size of the pot. The boys each had a friend over on Friday and they went to town with the eggs.

The whole thing morphed into a science fair project mixing colors, varying times and coloring their fingers! Peanut's cuticles are still blue!!

The results were beautiful. That's the pleasure of coloring eggs. They all seem to come out pretty in their own special way.

The Big Guy and I watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. It lived up to the awards that it received. It gets you thinking and still meets this idealist's expectations. We drug ourselves out of bed for the sunrise Easter mass. This is a favorite of mine. This morning it was about 50 and the sky was gorgeous. We had our fleece blankets but did not need as much to keep warm. I love my wrap - all the way from Hong Kong. Justine, thank you! Do you believe I have pants that match perfectly?

Can't tell the boys are saying cheese, huh?

After mass we headed to a new place for breakfast. It was okay. The place we went to last year was only serving brunch later in the morning. It was a bummer. I'll have to keep my ears open for a place for next year. We stopped by to say hello to my inlaws and drop off some Dinstuhl's sugarfree chocolates.

When we got home, we changed to take Buddy to the dog park. None us really paid attention to the weather. The clouds were quite ominous in the direction of the park. We came up with plan two and went to a local park with lakes. That dog did not miss a beat. This is his first time swimming this season and he loved it. It is fun even though he is the ugliest dog with wet hair. We saw these tracks while we were there. I know the first one is from deer, but have to investigate the second one.


I cooked a late lunch/early Easter dinner. It was yummy. The boys et al love ham. It is not my favorite but I appease them once a year on Easter. They will be eating ham sandwiches all week for lunch! I decided to use up some of the eggs trying my hand at deviled eggs. We ate a few. They were not a big hit. It must be that I did not have any paprika. I think I will drive them over to my father-in-law who really likes them.
We all saved some room for dessert. Peanut and I made the Icebox Cake yesterday. Buddy wanted to help too! He just about got a bite of the cookie.


It is only late afternoon and it feels like evening. I'm not used to this early rising bit. We are finishing out the day watching the Masters. That always brings back memories of my first pregnancy. I had an amnio done thirteen years ago on the Wednesday before the Masters. It seems like all we did that weekend so long ago was sit on the couch and watch golf. They all turned into happy memories as we were blessed with a very healthy boy!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Easter Becky!! Your eggs look sooo delicious!! This is the first year we've spent Easter alone. We've had the Masters on too! I loved looking at all your photos...it's almost like being there with you!! I miss you a lot!!!