Friday, March 6, 2009

Week Wrap Up

Sunday was the best Sunday ever according to Peanut. We got 5+ inches of snow. The Big Guy and Peanut got up and headed to the few hills in the area. One good one is at the high school. Peanut was thrilled to tell me all about it. Look at him standing up on the sled! We really need to take 'em skiing. Do you see the fence? Apparently, the Big Guy did not see it on one of his runs. He is fine just ended up with a few scratches when the chain link popped him in the face.

Buddy loved the snow too! It brought out his crazy side. He did not even want to retrieve the ball like normal. He just wanted to play with it in the snow. He was a mess and spent some time drying off in the garage.

Pumpkin and I were in Nashville for the swim championships. Believe it or not, we did not get any snow in the heart of the city of Nashville. He was bummed about that. But, he had a great meet. This is a building year as he is at the bottom of the age group. Even so, he did well. We got to have some fun. We went to the Vandy vs. South Carolina game. The Commodores won! It was wonderful and we are routing for them as we close out the season.

Peanut started the soccer season. Pumpkin has the week off from swimming. Boy! We have so much extra free time. I feel like we've turned into TV junkies. I guess it doesn't help that American Idol was on three nights in a row. I like this part of the show when they get down to the "real" singers. I am working on some knitting. When I make more progress, I will post a picture. Last night the boys grabbed the Mac. Each one took an ear piece and they settled to watch an episode of Night Rider. We don't have a DVR and they had to resort to this. I don't know what to think of it. It was sweet to see them smile and respond to the episode as they watched it.

The snow is gone and the weather is going to be in the 70s. I think we will be out in the yard this weekend. We need to get the beds ready for spring. We hope to catch the Vandy game on TV on Sunday and I hope to finish up some knitting.

I'm off to ride with Peanut to school. This is the first time we are bringing out our bikes. I am going to add a few miles on after I drop him off. The only thing is - it is extremely windy! I hope my thighs can hang in there.

Happy Weekend to All!!!

No comments: