Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home

My father in law finally came home from the hospital yesterday. He had open heart surgery on Monday, February 16th. All went well and seems to be going okay. The procedure is amazing and the human body even more miraculous. I know he is glad to be home. He said he is tired. I think it is hard to sleep trying to get comfortable without putting pressure on the incision. It will just take time. He has the weather on his side as things are greening up. It may motivate him to want to get out and enjoy the flowers.

My sister in law flew down on the 14th from Pennsylvania. She stayed with my inlaws throughout the entire process. The local contingent is extremely grateful for all she did. We are glad her family could function a few weeks without her. It also says lots about Merck permitting her to work from afar. She'd spend the day at the hospital coming home at night to get some work done. On Saturday, I kidnapped her. David stayed at the hospital. Mary and I went shopping. She bought some yarn. I tried to teach her how to knit. I don't think I am a very good teacher, but she is picking the art of knitting up. She started a scarf. I made this bag for her to carry her knitting. The squares are from the square swap I participated in last year. I think it turned out pretty good. This is only a small token, but we can't thank her enough for all that she did.



I am sure she is ready to head back home. She'll need a day or two to decompress and savor the feeling of home sweet home!

Pumpkin and I are heading to Nashville for the Southeastern short course championships. Our home this weekend will be a nice hotel!

No comments: