Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Outbound Gifts

My last post was about gifts that we received. This post is about gifts we are giving.

The Big Guy has a baby shower to go to tomorrow and I whipped these gifts up. The yarn is Laines Du Nord Italian 100% merino fine in color S79. I love it. It is soft and just perfect for a baby boy! I used a pattern created by the owner of my lys. The pom pom was my original touch. The baby is due in later March. I hope this fits his head next winter. I had some yarn left over. I decided to make some booties. I found this pattern on the internet and found some additional scrap yarn in my stash. They are the cutest things. The only issue is that they look to be newborn size and will need to be worn right away. I guess they can always adorn a teddy bear if the baby grows too quickly!

I was in Hancock's a few days ago to pick up some fabric for another reading pillow (Peanut has another birthday party to go to!) This cranberry yarn caught my eye. I wanted to make my mom a little something for Valentine's. I had some ideas from some other blogs. In the end, I used the pattern right on the yarn sleeve. I had the right size needles and the hat looked pretty cute. The only change I made was at the end of the hat. The pattern states to sew the icord back on itself to create a loop. I decided to make the icord longer and tie a few knots in it. My model was jealous and wants one of these too! I lined the hat with a fleece band making it extremely cozy. I am pleased to say it is in FedEx's hands and is on its way to Cincinnati.

No comments: