Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

We woke up to this on Saturday morning.

Pumpkin had a hunch who did it. It turns out it was a group of five girls! What do we have on our hands?!?

We got most of it out. There are only a few pieces still blowing in the wind. Peanut made a game out of the clean up. It was really windy. When the paper fell out of the tree, he ran after it trying to catch it. It was funny to watch as the wind made the paper blow in an unpredictable pattern. I bet he ran miles by the time we were done cleaning up.



This took quite a bit of effort. I can't believe we did not hear any of it. What kind of guard dog do we have anyway???

We finished off the day with our annual Valentine's dinner. This year I made hamburgers, french fries and strawberry salad. It was simple, but it was yummy! For dessert we have B&J ice cream cake. It was okay. They need to improve their icing. It doesn't do anything for the good ice cream.

We watched Smokejumper, Swing Vote, and The Heart of the Game this weekend. Smokejumper is a must see for those of you with girls. It sends a message that females can do anything. I enjoyed Swing Vote - again a little girl is smart and more or less in control. The last movie is all about girls basketball. It is nonfiction about a girls' team in Washington. It was right up the Big Guy's alley as he loves Frontline, Independent Lens and those PBS shows. This was similar. It did keep our attention, though, giving some history of girls' basketball.

3 comments:

Di said...

oh the paper thing stinks, but what I remember from my youth is that you only papered where the cool people lived. They wouldn't get too upset!

Bethany said...

Ha!!! I am laughing right now because I can remember a young lady doing the very same thing a few times!!!! I'm sure there's a group of girls with crushes on a pretty great young man who lives there with you!!!

Bethany said...

Ha!!! I am laughing right now because I can remember a young lady doing the very same thing a few times!!!! I'm sure there's a group of girls with crushes on a pretty great young man who lives there with you!!!