Thursday, June 11, 2009

Eleven Years and a Disney Celebration!

I can't believe it! My baby turned eleven last week!!

We started off the celebration with a simple dinner, tacos, here at home. Peanut had three friends over to join us. The boys were wonderful. They played outside, inside, ate and ended with flashlight tag. It was good, wholesome fun.

We continued the celebration with a trip to Disney!!! It was a wonderful long weekend in Orlando. Here we are getting ready to board the plane. Peanut hadn't flown in a couple years. I haven't flown in so long. I forgot what it was like. It was exciting for all of us! I am ready to fly again.

When we checked into our room, we joked about Peanut's birthday. Next thing we know, they are delivering a special basket just for him!! He was recovering from swimmer's ear. We just put the drops in when there was a knock at the door. He was thrilled just worried about those drops running out of his ear.

On Peanut's actual birthday, we headed here~

He got in free!! This year Disney is letting you in free on your birthday. We took advantage of that.

You can't help but smile on Main Street USA. Peanut had a pin on stating that it was his birthday. He had folks galore wishing him birthday wishes.


We had a great day at the park. The only bummer was Space Mountain is not open. It is undergoing a refurbishment. That was one of my favorites. Peanut was too small when we went five years ago. He would have enjoyed it. Even so, we had a wonderfully magical time.

We hit the pool at the resort when we got back. Then, we went for birthday ice cream. Yum! Peanut had a great day. I keep pinching myself to remind myself how old he really is. Time flies!

More pictures of our trip to come in the next post...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I was just remembering your last trip there!! What a great way to spend a birthday!!! (Maybe I'll go on my 45th??) I can't believe he's eleven already!! Tell him a late Happy Birthday from us!! We were in Cincinnati so I missed your post. I had a tough time this year with the fact that both of my kids are now in middle school. Where did the time go???

Anonymous said...

Happy 11th Birthday to your boy !!!
I arrive from Bethany's blog :)
Disneyland Paris is not letting us in free on our birthday... it's a shame :)