Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Southeasterns in Knoxville

We spent a long weekend last weekend in Knoxville. The Southeastern Swim Championships were there this year. It is a haul for us across the state. And, we lose an hour. But, the venue was nice. Pumpkin swam in the couple year old pool at UT.

Pumpkin had a great meet. We found lots of ways to entertain ourselves. Blue Raspberry Tootsie Roll pops took up some time. I, for one, do not like Blue Raspberry.

We stayed right downtown. The Greenways are wonderful. You can run, walk and even rollerblade. The only issue was that is was incredibly hot! I went to the Knoxville Farmers' Market on Saturday morning. It was lovely. I bought some blackberries and they just melted in your mouth. Yum! We went back a bit later - in between Pumpkin's swims - to try the homemade ice cream. It was wonderful. We enjoyed the ice cream in the shade and then the boy washed off their hands in the fountains. Little kids were just playing and playing in the fountains.

I bought the Big Guy a tshirt, Because He Can, from a local artist. It caught my attention and made me crack up when I saw it. The Big Guy loved it. Pumpkin wasn't too sure. He thought it was a bit gross. Imagine that - a teenager not getting the humor! The Big Guy wore it yesterday and I smiled when I saw it.

Swim meets involve lots of hurry up and wait. Then, you get to see a swim that lasts no more than minutes. You can't imagine how tiring they can be. It zapped Peanut of his energy (I won't mention the daily runs he went on with his dad in the heat.) I snapped this one. He is so goofy. When he goes to sleep he wraps his head up in the covers. Who sleeps like that??

I caught him again trying to snuggle under the covers before we headed home.

Pumpkin had a great meet. This meet is bittersweet as it means the summer is drawing to a close. The boys only have two more weeks of freedom!

No comments: