Monday, July 12, 2010

Taco Pizza

I am still on the Make-My-Own-Pizza-Crust kick. This past week, I tried my own version of taco pizza. It was essentially made of items in the pantry that the boys would eat. I made the pizza dough with corn meal. I layered on salsa, pizza cheese, black beans, ground beef with taco seasoning, and corn. The Big Guy and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The boys were luke warm. I don't think Pumpkin liked the taste of the salsa. We ate this with a simple tossed geen salad. YUM!

Pizza is on my menu again for Friday. I think it will be the standard pepperoni. Although, I get veggies from the farmer tomorrow. That might result in a more adventurous pizza!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That sounds really good! I'm going to have to remember to put that on the menu. I've been doing a lot of shrimp lately and I don't know why... maybe because it's so quick to fix in this heat!