Monday, July 18, 2011

Knoxville - Long Course Championships

We all headed to Knoxville last Thursday for the SE Long Course Swim Championships.

That city reminds me of Cincinnati. I think it is the hills and the trees.

They have a great network of running/biking paths called the Greenway. On Saturday, while Pumpkin was at the pool warming up, these two headed out for a run. I was behind 'em going on a walk that just happened to end up at the Farmer's Market on Market Square. The temperature was a few degrees cooler on the Eastern side of the state. We tried to take advantage of it.

Trust me. Pumpkin is down there behind the block getting ready to swim his 200IM. He rocked his events this weekend swimming best times in ALL of them. We enjoyed seeing ny niece, Laura, on Thursday night too! She caught Pumpkin's 800 Free and we all enjoyed Chipotle. Yum!

The Big Guy saw a sign advertising a soccer game. Apparently, this is the inaugral year for the Knoxville Force. Once again, we dropped Pumpkin at the pool and we squeezed in a soccer game. The game was played on the UT women's field very close to the pool. As luck would have it, we did not make it back to the pool to see Pumpkin swim the breaststroke of the 400 Medley Relay. He went a best time w/o us. Don't worry. He still states that we really don't love him!!

It was a nice evening. The Force pulled off a win beating Chattanooga. We left wishing we had a team closer to us. ---Notice something new on Peanut? He just got 'em before we left for Knoxville. I'll write up a separate post on that.

On Sunday morning, I headed out for a walk. I ended up meandering around the campus. I walked right by Neyland. I was the only one around. I tried hard to imagine how crazy it must be on game day as the place is enormous. I just can't fathom all that orange!

We survived another swim meet :) I was a bit leary as swim meets involve lots of "hurry up and waiting." We did fine in the hotel. The worst part of the trip was about 100 miles out. We were all restless and ready to be home.

It is hard to believe another long course season is over. The summer is winding down for us. I am not working this week and hope to enjoy the days with my boys.

There might be a small kink in those plans. The Big Guy is with Peanut at the orthoped's after hours. We are hoping Peanut's thumb is only jammed. He fell on it at soccer conditioning this afternoon. It hurts and is pretty swollen. More to come on that tomorrow...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I think you birthed a fish! Tell him Congrats from us!! And I had to laugh because we hear things like that all the time... "If you really loved me..."!