Saturday, July 30, 2011

RISK

Last week we pulled out the board game, Risk. Until then, I'd never played it.

I think we were just getting started when I snapped this picture.

I ended up really liking the game. It might have something to do with the fact that I dominated!

This week, we tackled Peanut's room and closet. I had intentions of having a garage sale or selling items on Craigslist. When push came to shove, I loaded all the stuff into the car and donated it to Goodwill. Some lucky folks are getting hardly worn Gap shorts for next to nothing! I am getting the tax write off. I donated the comforter and bed skirt that was on our bed for many years. I bought it right after Pumpkin was born. About five years ago, it migrated to the guest bed. When we moved beds earlier this summer, it did not have a place. I finally parted with it. We packed up all the Lego's from his room and put them in a big container. I did not have the heart to part with them - yet. Something tells me, Peanut may just come back to them. I sense some sort of artistic/architecture/creation in his future and Legos may be needed. Who knows?

We re-did the dining room earlier this year and bought a new dining room table. I am still looking for chairs, but that is another post. I did not want to part with the old dining room table. We had it in the family room for a few months, but it was just too crowded. It dawned on me that it'd be okay in the play room. So, we re-arranged and moved it up there. I think it will serve a purpose in there. It may become a great homework spot. I am thinking a monthly game night. I think I'll start that tonight with a family game of Risk. Hope I can convince the others!!!

I wasn't able to pull of a game of Risk, but we played Taboo. I forgot how much fun that is. Now, on my TODO list is to invite a few couples over for a Taboo challenge.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

We pulled out Life when my nieces were here and had a ball playing it! I've never played Risk but I can see you being good at it. Board games are so much fun!