Friday, May 11, 2012

Art Show

Last week we went to the middle school art show.

I made Peanut pose to take a picture next to his board.  I wish they did not do the board thing.  I wish the shows were more like what I remember in middle school.  But, I guess settting up displays, intermixing art work, and organizing it all takes too much time.  His self portrait in the middle of the board is a mosaic.  The details are amazing.  The trees on the right side are one of my favorites for this year.

Unfortunately, Peanut decided to opt in to extra PE for next year.  He'll only have standard art a few times a week.  I hope he'll be open to signing up for an art class when he gets to high school.  Middle School is a tough time.  His friends are all doing the PE thing.  And, it doesn't help that he is not fond of the art teacher.  What are you going to do?

We squeezed in the art show before soccer practice.  That is the way these last few weeks have been.  It is the mad crazy dash to the end of the year!

No comments: