Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

Our tradition continues...

Sunrise Mass, up at the crack of dawn

It rained all day yesterday.  It was supposed to rain during mass.  We dressed appropriately with our rain boots or old tennis shoes on.  Believe it or not, the sun tried to peek out during mass.  The birds were in their glowing chirping away.

 The boys passed on the free donuts, but grabbed a juice for the ride home.
I tried to find a place open for breakfast, but did not have any luck.  Most don't open until brunch at about 11am.  I did not want to go to IHOP or Perkins.  So, I opted to make breakfast at home.  I planned ahead and the breakfast casserole was cooking while were gone.

We still hide Easter buckets for the boys.  Peanut found Pumpkin's.  It took the longest time for them to find Peanut's.  It was so funny as they were looking in the spot but not behind the disguises in the front.  Peanut was laughing when we finally found it.  His face was priceless.  They got socks, boxers, DVD and candy.  I don't even want to think about how much candy they've eaten today!

It got grey and rained.  Peanut did homework and Pumpkin took a long nap.  Mostly, we all hung out together.  When the skies cleared, I made them go on a family walk.  Buddy was thrilled.  The Big Guy had the honors!
At one point in the afternoon, Pumpkin knocked over his bucket.  Buddy just sprawled out and did not bother the candy.  He is so oblivious!

There is a 1000 piece puzzle - not completed - on the dining room table.  I feel like I've done most of it, much to my chagrin.  Easter dinner was relegated to the kitchen table.

The asparagus did not make the photo, but balanced out the color on the plate.  The boys gave approval on the dinner.  The candlesticks are from Ruth when she lived in Italy.  The candles are from mom's place when we cleaned out some of the house.  The tablecloth and napkins we also from my mom.  My older sister had all the extra linens out at her house.  We shopped there and I chose these.  I don't normally use a tablecloth, but might be turning over a new leaf.

Dessert wasn't anything too too special.  We finished it off with pastel rainbow cupcakes.

All day, my heart has smiled.  I am so grateful for all that I have.  Happy Easter!



1 comment:

Bethany said...

That was a beautiful table! Nathaniel and I prayed on Saturday night that it wouldn't rain on you!! We were thinking about you going to sunrise services. Our 11 am was standing room only, but I kept thinking that it was nice to see so many people there. We had a break in the weather long enough for a walk after noon dinner too. It was a relaxing day. I wondered why N never asked for anything later on in the evening, then I found out he ate practically ALL of his Easter candy!!! He might not be feeling the best today.