Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break 2013 Continued...

After we spent the day in the front yard pulling out the Boxwoods, we headed to Chinese.  The Big Guy got this fortune.  Gotta love it.  He constantly reminds me that all is good right in front of me!  
The boys worked so hard in the yard.  It is not often that two teenage boys are spent on a Saturday night.  They were and so were we!

The next day was a rainy one.  We milked it for all that we could outside and then headed to movies as a family.  I got to choose and selected The Impossible.  We went to a theatre that was recently renovated. 
The place was lovely.  The movie was action-packed.  I forgot about Peanut's queasy stomach.  I don't think he enjoyed it as much as we did.  Still amazing to think about this family surviving the tsunami.

After the movie, we headed to Sports Authority to find some running shoes.  No luck.  I got to choose the dinner location.  Two choices in one day!  We stopped in at Hog & Hominy.  It's gotten lots of good reviews.  The menu was Sunday Funday.  The Big Guy and I shared a pizza.  Pumpkin got a steak and eggs sandwich.  When it came, it looked great, but the eggs were not scrambled.  I wasn't sure he'd rise to the challenge.  He did and he really liked it.

I had to work on Monday and Tuesday.  The boys just hung out and played Xbox to their hearts content.

On Wednesday, we hopped in the car and headed to Cincinnati.  Here we are driving down the street.  Watch as Peanut gets more and more excited.



It was not their first choice of destinations.  But, when family calls...my mom was moving from rehab to her new assisted living apartment.  As it turns out, the boys were great big helps.  We had professional movers, but they used their muscles to help get everything in the right place.  We could not have done it w/o them.

There was lots of discussion about what couch mom was gonna use.  Lots of last minute details fell in to place and we were able to get her old couch in her new place.  Yes.  It was a late night, but worth it. My boys joke about how late they eat dinner in Cincinnati.  The LaRosa's did taste good at 10pm!

I think her new place looks great!  It feels more like home to me.
 Here she is getting ready to see it all.  She was excited to be "home."  I only hope I have some of her tenacity.  It is gotta be hard to have to keep meeting and making new friends at this stage of life!

It was a quick trip.  We drove back on Saturday. Thank goodness as Peanut had a project due.  He spent most of Sunday working on it.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Are they off this week too? I remember seeing the trailer for that movie and it may be too much for me! We finally watched "Zero Dark Thirty" last night. I need the next movie to be quiet and not scary! (We watched "Life of Pi" the week before, and "Argo" before that!!!) It's good to see your mom settling into her new home. I hope she finds some nice friends there. It looks like we will no longer be going to Cincinnati to visit. Mom sold her house and is moving to Florida. I'll miss the Skyline Chili and other Cincy things.