Sunday, March 17, 2013

Swim Banquet


This is the only picture I took from the swim banquet.  There are so many "lasts" coming up as Pumpkin's high school career comes down the home stretch.  I better remember to take more photos!

It was a special evening.  It started with a replay of Pumpkin's national anthem at the State Meet.  As it started to play, Pumpkin's response was priceless.  He mumbled under his breath that this was awkward.  Later on, the coach got up to summarize the season.  When he got to talking about Elliot singing at State, he paused for quite sometime.  His bottom lip quivered.  He was really moved.  He could not express the impact that national anthem had on him.  What a wonderful gift.  Music can be very moving.  Pumpkin was pleased that he affected the coach in such a way.  I was taken off guard and she a few tears.

Needless to say, we were very proud of Pumpkin.  He walked away with lots of goodies including the Most Valuable Swimmer award.

This week, the two of us go on a little trip.  I get to see the place he is going to call home for four years.  More to come...





1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip! It must have been hard to sit through the banquet-- I would have been crying too! With all that he's been able to accomplish over just these short 12 years, I'm sure there is much more to come as he becomes an adult!