Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break addendum

Although the boys were dreading the drive to Cincinnati, we got lucky.

A few hours into the drive, we switched to the Catholic Channel.  At the point we started listening, the conclave was in the midst of their 5th vote.  We were making our way thru a Wendy's drive thru in Bowling Green, KY when the crowd in St. Peter's saw white smoke.  It was so exciting.

I pray my boys have a firm religious foundation especially as one heads to college next year.  I have to admit that driving that afternoon listening to all the Pope info, will be a fond memory for me.  My boys were enthralled by it all.  I am very grateful for the four hours.

When we got to Cincinnati and watched the news, it was nice to put a name to a face, Pope Francis.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It was exciting and it is a great way to teach the kids more about the Faith!