Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cross Country Banquet

Hard to believe that Peanut's second year of cross country is in the books.  It was a lovely season and feel confident we will get the race management issues under control.

This is his cross country, swim team, and track buddy.
 Peanut and coach
 All the cross country sophomores
Peanut and a graduating senior.  Yes.  Peanut was MVP.  That is some trophy!  I have to laugh at myself and the mom in me who took one look and thought about where he was going to put it.
So proud of Peanut and the determination he displayed this season.  He made a great effort to get to know all the runners.  They will be counting on his leadership skills even more next year!

Lately, every time the Big Guy looks at pictures of Peanut, he adamantly declares everything about him is a Merritt.  I don't know if I see it, but then I've never been really good at that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I always thought he looked a lot like your mom and your side of the family! Congrats to him! He worked hard for that trophy! Maybe next year it won't be so hard (and the weather will cooperate more!).