Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Years Eve 2014

We had a very low key New Years this year.  Peanut opted for the three of us going out to dinner.  We decided a bit late and reservations were limited.  We went to Seasons 52.  It opened about a year ago here and we had not been.  The concept is great, but it is still a chain restaurant of sorts.  I struggle with spending lots on dinner and not having it go to locals.
Peanut is not one to wear sweaters.  I think he is turning over a new leaf.  Our sweater wearing opportunity is pretty limited.  I'm glad to see he is taking advantage.

Pumpkin, if you are reading this, you were there with us in spirit.  Peanut has his A runner shirt on underneath the sweater.

We started off with a glass.   Peanut had the iced tea.  I had a glass of St. Francis Merlot.  It brought back lots wonderful memories of when we were out in Sonoma.  St Francis Winery was so kind to our boys.  I'm getting old, though.  I can't believe how much a glass of wine costs out at a restaurant.
 I think this was my favorite.  The red pepper humus and the lavosh was yummy.
When the waitress came to our table, she was concerned that the menu would not be the best for a teenage boy.  Not to worry.  Peanut has a pretty sophisticated palate.  He ordered the Australian venison.
 The Big Guy played it safe with cedar plank salmon.
I ordered the Brazino, European sea bass.  It was wonderful.  The broccolini could have been cooked just a tad more.  When I ordered the fish, I envisioned a holiday work dinner from many years ago.  We ate at a restaurant in an old house in a small town in PA.  I ordered the daily fish special.  It was delivered to the table and deboned right in front of me.  It was so impressive.  This brazino was not as impressive, but tasted lovely.
There is lots of pomp and circumstance for the ball that drops on Eastern time.  We always celebrate with the eastern folks.  There was a guitar drop on Beale that shared a split screen with a Dallas event for the Central time zone New Year's.  We had to struggle to keep the Big Guy with us until our 2015!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy New Year!!! I hear you... it was hard to stay up, but one of us had to run to get Nathaniel and bring him home (it wasn't me!). We were happy to be in our warm house, though, because it looked pretty cold in NYC that night!