Sunday, February 17, 2019

Ask and You Shall Receive

Years ago, I made up a dozen or so easy bags.  I kept three for myself filling them with different knitting projects.  Peanut associates knitting with me schlepping around one of my bags.  On every trip, there was always a bag at my feet in the car.

Fast forward...his gf wants to learn how to knit.  She got yarn and needles to start making a hat.  Peanut promptly texted me asking if I had another knitting bag.  Wow!  I haven't sewed in years.  I took this opportunity to dig through my limited stash and come up with something.

I was hoping for some fun mix of fabric but did not have enough yardage.  However, it is fitting to use this fabric.  I bought it years ago to make up a bag for my mom.  She was a dedicated tea drinker.  It turns out the gf likes tea too.  As I cut the pieces, I was smiling thinking of my mom.  I did not have my preferred interfacing either.  I ended up punting with what I had.
The end result is by no means perfect, but it will be the perfect bag for the beginning knitter.  I'm glad Peanut requested a bag.  It got my creative juices flowing...I just might have to get my sewing machine tuned up!

No comments: