Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day!

Growing up, we made a few trips across Pennsylvania from Ohio.  There was a restaurant near where we got on the PA Turnpike.  It was a favorite of my dad's.  In their bakery case, they had round smiley face sugar cookies.  Back then, I don't remember ever buying the cookies.  But, after my dad passed away, the cookies always made us smile and think of him.  Over the years, the cookies established a following.  There are some for each holiday.  For Valentine's Day this year, we ordered 200 smiley heart Cookies.  Each guest at the soup kitchen got a heart on their tray.  I sure hope they enjoyed them.  I smiled all day knowing my dad was with us in spirit serving.  It doesn't hurt that the cookies are yummy.  The amount of icing is just right, not too sweet.  Love them and love spreading the love today!


No comments: