Monday, February 18, 2019

Two More

I've now read more books in 2019 than I did in 2018.  Sad to say but it is the truth.  I am excited to keep up the reading!

A Serial Killer's Daughter by Kerri Rawson is disturbing.  I just kept wondering how her dad could be a dad and still kill.  This book made me think more about the killer's family.  He not only destroyed the families of those he killed, he destroyed his own family.  The families of criminals do not ask for the suffering.  It is a struggle all the way around.

The book is an easy read.  Kudos to Kerri for persevering and overcoming.  I'm sure everyday there is still some sort of hate to overcome.

We attended a function for the local Indian society.  They handed out the namesake to all the guests.   I enjoyed this novel.  It is filled with all that is involved in moving to a "new" country and building a life.  The family story in this new country is told and I was captivated.  I related to the empty nest and all the emotions felt.  (How did I get to this empty nest?) This book is about love.  The love that grows from a prearranged marriage and love that may or may not persist in "normal" relationship.  It's opened my eyes to cultural differences and the strength of familial bonds.

No comments: