Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Death and Life of The Great Lakes

As a family, we've spent two summer vacations enjoying two different Great Lakes, Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.  After each trip, we've walked away wowed by the water.  These wonderful, large bodies of fresh water are amazing!  This book is so informative.  The lakes are bodies of water that need to be cherished.  The history of the lakes, the fixes put in place to "help" the lakes over the years and the future of the lakes is so interesting.  I would love to spend a few more vacations on the lakes. This book covers it all and provides hope that the beauty of the lakes will continue...
I listened to this book as an audiobook.  The format was perfect for my morning commutes.  More than once, I pulled out a map to get a better understanding of the areas discussed.  The eco balance is such science.  Mother Nature amazes me.  Mankind tries to help.  In some areas were are successful.  In others, not so much.  My appreciation for the lakes and all that goes with it intensified.

No comments: