Monday, August 4, 2008

Michigan Rummy, Gin Rummy, Rummy 500, Rummy - You Name IT!

With the excessive heat this weekend, we hunkered down in the house or so it seemed. All the shades are pulled and the air conditioner chews up the electricity to keep the house cool. I tend to equate these days of summer with the blizzard days back in Pennsylvania. We decided blizzards are better. You get to go out in the snow and play:)

It was tax free weekend here in TN for school supplies and clothing. We took advantage of that on Saturday getting the boys supplies. I ended up ordering a few shorts online as they were sold out in the stores. We also got them new gym shoes. They are ready for the big day next Monday!

Anyway, I digress from the title of the post. In an effort to pull away from the TV, we have been playing cards at night. I love cards and forgot how much fun it can be. It is nice that Peanut is ten and can handle most of the games. He gets about 75% of the strategy in some of the harder games. We were on a Rummy roll. We tried them all out. Every so often we had to search the internet to remember the scoring or how many cards each play was dealt. We attempted Hearts. That will take a bit more practice for the boys to pick up the strategy. I am just hoping that we can pull the cards out even when school gets back in session.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I don't think I know any Rummy games! Do you remember Kings Corners? UNO? (of course!) I'm actually looking forward to fall already... cooler temps, football, snuggling under blankets... I think cards fit in there! And they go back to school on Monday already?!!!! Wow. I guess we only have a few more weeks too!