Friday, August 1, 2008

Ride with Pumpkin

I could not get myself out of bed early this morning. So, I decided to drag Pumpkin out of bed. Gotta love it!

I took Peanut to soccer camp, came home and woke up Pumpkin. At first he wasn't too happy with me. I can see those teenage years of sleep ahead of us! I convinced him to get up and go on a bike ride with me. This is the first time just the two of us have ridden together. I told him he needed to stay with me. All that swimming keeps him in wonderful shape.

At the start of the ride, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with him. I have decided it takes me a few miles to warm up when I start riding. We did just fine. He was a trooper. It got a bit hot, but there was a nice breeze - depending on which way you were riding. Towards the end, Pumpkin was complaining of starving. He did not eat before we left. He got food right when he walked in the door. It was a nice ride. I felt like it was quality time with him. I hope he did too!

I had visions of getting a great picture of both of our shadows. What was I thinking? I only had my cell phone and had to take the picture on the fly. We were heading up one of the last hills.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I think I see your handle bar! (or something!) That is great that you got to do a ride together. You are a great mom! (despite waking him up)