Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturday Night

We changed it up a bit on Saturday night. We headed to mass at 4:30pm with plans to go to dinner afterwards. So, we selected a church closer to the restaurant. The church is older and it reminded me of my church days growing up. I got a wild hair and actually donned a skirt! I know it is out there. I have lots of skirts in the closet but seem to migrate to the pants or capris. I wanted to capture the moment as it may be a long time before I put on another. The angle is strange but you get the picture.

We went to a Thai restaurant in Midtown. It was great to branch out to a different cuisine. The boys had been to one a long time ago. We enjoyed our meals rotating out plates for all to taste. We got there just before the crowds hit. We were lucky as we did not have a reservation. I left there thinking I am going to have to try making pad thai at home. We all like our peanuts and that dish is yummy.

We got home to watch more Olympics. Pumpkin was shaking when Michael Phelps got up to swim the relay. He wasn't even sure he could watch. We were all excited for him. It is amazing what Mr. Phelps accomplished!! I am sure there will be some new swimmers on the pool deck when Pumpkin heads to practice today:))

1 comment:

Bethany said...

We were very excited about Phelp's swim too! I'm sure you looked beautiful... you should have had one of those men take your photo! I haven't had Thai food in a long time but I used to love it! Your boys are more adventurous than my kids!