Sunday, July 19, 2009

Friends & Food

This week I got lots of tomatoes, nearly ripe ones, peaches, onions, and summer squash in my CSA bag. I decide to make this recipe. The Big Guy is not too fond of tomatoes. This one won him over! It is fabulous. I cut up the bread and poured the tomatoes on top. We ate it for leftovers and it was even better. It was a great way to use up lots of tomatoes. The peaches were fresh too! My sister is heading down and I am thinking it would be fun for us to pick peaches.

A friend of mine just completed her masters degree. I am so impressed! She loves to learn and her enthusiasm is contagious. Another friend had a few of us over for dinner on Friday to celebrate. It was yummy and just wonderful hanging out with the girls. I did not get too creative with my gift. I used up some scrap cotton yarn to make a dishcloth. I don't know what it is about this dishcloth pattern. I just love the way it looks!


Earlier in the week, we had our neighbor over for dinner as his family is out of town. I enjoy trying new recipes when we have guests. I tried these enchiladas. This one is a keeper! Pumpkin actually ate most of it only leaving a few pineapple pieces on his plate. Our neighbor was surprised there wasn't any meat in the dish.

I started knitting with some hemp yarn. I hope to make a grocery bag.

I went for a bike ride today and met up with the Big Guy who was already out on his two wheels. He looped around and rode with me. The ride was a work out. The weather is fabulous!

Pumpkin is putting a dent in his summer work. Peanut finished a class to become a soccer sideline referree. I just have to buy the uniform!

We are enjoying the weekend!!

No comments: