Monday, July 13, 2009

Ribbon Hat Swap and Cookies

A few months back, I purchased the book, Itty Bitty Hats, by Susan B. Anderson. I don't have any little babies in the house, but I thought the hats would make great gifts. My niece's baby is about to turn one. So, I decided to join the Ribbon Hat on Ravelry. I knew it would motivate me to make a hat and to have a gift in time for the baby's birthday.

This swap was unique in that you sent a hat to one partner, but received a hat from another swapper. I love that idea giving us the chance to interact with even more knitters. This is a picture of the hats I sent to Becca in California. The swap rules stated the hat should be 0-6 or 6-12 months. Her daughter is a little older. I a whipped up a second hat just for her. I loved this yarn. It is knitcol trends in colorway 47.

This is the hat I received in mail today! The knitter is from Canada. I love the crispness of the white. The pink and green ribbons are adorable! My niece will be a cutie in this hat. Thank you, Anna! I think she knit this in the car on the way to the beach - wish we were at the beach!!

Today it rained! We needed it. We had to remind ourselves what thunder and lightening were! The rained stopped mid-day and we're back to the sauna. I spent the morning baking cookies. Friends of ours are heading to the beach for a few days with their family. My friend's father is experiencing some health issues. I don't think there is much we can do with the exception of prayers. So, I baked up a variety of cookies. I am sure they will enjoy the sweets at the beach. I made German Chocolate, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter cookies. These are what is left. The boys were thrilled that they got some too.

I wanted to add some color to the package of cookies. I did not have any rice krispies. I decided to make Fruit Loop Marshmellow treats. I cut them up in pieces, wrapped the pieces in wax paper, and put them in a bag.

These are the individual treats within the bag. I hope they don't melt in the car!

Now, it is time to finish washing the cookie dishes and start dinner!!

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Oh Becky, I am so happy that your hat made it to you and so fast! Canada Post is not so fast I tell ya. And yes, I knit it on the way to my favorite beach. I have taken to knitting my way up and down the Eastern Seaboard, it makes the trip go faster for me and it gives me something to do while Hubby drives.