Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I don't think we've had any real rain since July. The ground really needs it. We saw signs of fall very early due to the dryness. The last three days, we've had quite a bit of rain. The sun has not poked its head out. I know that is great for the Earth. But, it negatively affects my bike riding!! I was on a roll and don't want to get off it. This morning the rain was looming. Buddy and I went for a walk. Wouldn't you know it. It did not rain. I could have gotten a bike ride in. I hope to get back out there tomorrow. I guess only Mother Nature knows if it will happen.

The rain is perfect reading weather. I've taken advantage of it even when I should have been doing other things! I finished the book, This Is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper. I read this is his sixth book. I have not read any of his others. I found the book entertaining. The story focuses on a modern day dysfunctional family dealing with the loss of their father. The family sits shiva after the death. Some of the antics I could relate to as I am the youngest of six. Part of me wondered what it would be like to spend a week with my siblings under one roof. There are funny lines with easy writing style. The book pulls you in wanting to find out how it all ends. There are sexual undertones throughout the book. I found the sexual details to be a bit much at times.

I am thinking about heading to the library to find another book. But, I have so many things to do here. I don't need that easy distraction. I just got this book in the mail. Although it is not a story, I know it is full of ideas. And, Christmas is not that far away!!! It might just shift my focus and give me the knitting/sewing/crafting mojo I need.

No comments: