Friday, September 18, 2009

Rainy Day Activities

Well! We've had a week of the rain. It's been pretty steady. The sun peaked for a few minutes yesterday. I was able to cut the grass - even a bit wet. It needed it. They are saying the rain will keep up through midweek next week. Ugh!! We had big plans to go to the high school football game tonight. Pumpkin's high school is playing the Big Guy's alma mater. I know they will play, but I don't know if I want to sit in the rain and watch.

What have we been doing in the rain you ask?

I did a swap of sorts on Craigslist. We had an old PC with some pretty good parts. I also had an original iphone. I was able to swap the iphone for a mac mini. The mini is fulfilling a need we had. The boys do not have their own computers. We all battle for the MacBook which is mine! I got the mini set up, figured out how to print wirelessly and we are all happy. The mini needs some caressing and I hope to work on that in the weeks to come. This is a great fix. It did not cost lots and we got to reuse some of the hardware we had. What a green solution.

Pumpkin still doesn't know the results of his run for Treasurer. I hope they announced it today. Peanut on the otherhand was sworn in as a student council member. It is a great little event. They do a swearing in ceremony at our town hall. The mayor of Collierville does the swearing in. Here is Peanut outside the Town Hall.

After the ceremony, Peanut got to see the mayor's office. He even got to sit behind the mayor's desk - pretty animated on the phone. I'd say!

Last week, most of my menu plans came from a cookbook from where we lived in Pennsylvania. The best recipe I selected was Overnight French Toast. This was one of the best baked french toast recipes we've had. We have something like this for dinner about once a month. The family enjoyed it too. Pumpkin liked it but prefers another recipe that is lots sweeter.

The weather, as I've mentioned, has been very blah! I never realized how much the sun is a motivator. One evening this week, Peanut grabbed my camera and snapped this photo. I had no idea. He was thrilled to pull one over on me!! Be forewarned. The photo is scary. I tried to edit it a bit to take the edge off!!!

No comments: