Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Snap Shots

The rain stopped on Friday night and we were able to go to the high school football game. The Big Guy's alma mater beat up on Pumpkin's high school! They had a scoreless first half and then the defense broke down - or something. I enjoyed being there and spying on Pumpkin as he hung out with other kids. When we got home, we all had some sort of dessert. Peanut made his own smores in the microwave. He was in heaven!

I got up early Saturday morning and went to a rummage sale. I am a rummage sale novice. I only walked away with books. The paperbacks were only 50 cents a piece. I found a book Peanut needs for school. I found more of the Hatchet "series" by Gary Paulsen. I bought a few the boys have already read! Gotta love that!

Peanut's bike was on its last leg. The gears were shot. It was a hand-me-down from the Pumpkin. The Big Guy did not think he could re-run the cables to fix the gears. Seeing that it is quite worn, we weren't sure we wanted to invest in a bike shop repair. We pulled up Craiglist and found two bikes for sale. It turns out this man fixes up used bikes in his detached garage. It was very impressive. While Peanut was at the first of two birthday parties, we went and picked this up for him. He loves it. It is called a soft tail because it has shocks under his seat. The size is perfect and the bike should last him. I need to clean up the old one, list it, and see if this man wants to buy it!

Yesterday, between church and midafternoon we got lots of rain. Peanut's ref job for soccer was cancelled. Buddy was desparate resorting to sprawling out on the garage floor. I guess it was cool. Look at all those curls!

The rain stopped just in time for Pumpkin to compete in the Thunderkids Triathlon. Boy! It got extremely humid. He did well, but it kicked him. He pretty much went right to bed last night. He got up this morning complaining of a headache and is back in bed. In high school, they put the fear of God in you if you miss a day. He is not well. I hope the sleep knocks it out of him. I'll cross my fingers that catching up is not too hard to do!

Lastly, I've been reading quite a bit. It is easy to grab a book while the boys watch football. I finished Knit Two by Kate Jacobs. It is an easy read. I read her first book and enjoyed seeing how the characters developed in this second book. My sister gave me this one for Christmas. I finally got to it and I am glad I did. It inspired me to pick up my needles! Kate Jacobs wrote a third book and I put it on hold at the library. It will be interesting to see where the story goes.

No comments: