Friday, September 11, 2009

Sugar Daddy

I just finished the book Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas. I picked it up at a rummage sale in the spring. I was standing there looking through the books and a nice woman kept handing me "good" books. Since the cost of the books was not going to break the bank, I took what she handed me.

I have not read anything by this author. This book was a mindless, good, entertaining read. I am an idealist at heart and this book did not let me down. There was a nice story line, a bit of romance and a happy ending. Gotta love it! I even learned what a Sugar Daddy is!!! I can only hope there aren't too many in "real" life.

The election results are in for Peanut. He was not elected president. I think he was okay with it. I was just impressed that he stuck his neck out there AND he congratulated the winner. The high school elections were this afternoon. It sounds like there was some confusion. Pumpkin said that he looked like the biggest freak on the video! Love it! They'll announce the results on Monday.

Here's to a weekend of soccer, lawn mowing, ironing, football, biking, church, and even some rain. It's been very dry as of late. We'd welcome a few hours of a steady rain - just not when Peanut is out on the soccer field!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

N's game was cancelled this morning because of rain... summer seems to be over now! You made me want to pick up another novel and read!