Tuesday, February 16, 2010

High School State Meet

Last Friday and Saturday, Pumpkin and I attended the TN High School State Swim Meet in Nashville. There was lots of fun and some serious swimming thrown in.

Here he is getting ready for a relay. In addition to the relay, he swam the 200IM and the 100 Breast. He matched his time in the 200IM and cut another 1.5 seconds on the breast.

On Saturday night, they used him as the "spirit" swimmer. I was sitting in bleachers far away and was laughing just watching Pumpkin "fatten" up. He was in rare form! It was fun to watch.



This was the team before the Friday night swim. It was colored hair, beads, and tattoos.

I got in trouble for taking this shot. Actually, I did not take it. I had someone else take it. Don't they look cute?

We had a good time. We even squeezed in lunch at San Antonio Taco with Rachel, Averie and Kevin. And, we made it home before the weather hit. I've officially morphed into a wimp and don't like the threat of weather. I have just cause - in the South, no one knows how to handle it!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sounds like he did great! And does he know you posted that photo??? ;) Averie is the cutest little girl EVER!!!