Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Cold, Some Knitting, and Some Pics

Well...I was healthy this season until late last week. It all started with a scratchy throat. By Sunday, I was stuffed up battling a good, old fashioned cold. I stayed in my pjs, watched the Olympics and picked up my needles.

I finished up a few dishcloths. I tried a pattern, new to me, using some left over colors. I love the diamonds. The other dishcloth is MasonDixon's ballband. It is an easy take with you pattern that you can do anywhere. I hope to get these two on their way to Hong Kong. I hate to admit they are late, very late holiday gifts!

The Big Guy desparately needs new slippers. In the midst of my cold, I researched some patterns. I remembered I bought the FiberTrends clog last year. After a quick run to my lys, I was well on my way. The second one is cast on and I hope to finish it soon. The pattern is lots of fun. It has some creatvie engineering. Of course, the felting is the biggest unknown. I have to think about where I am going to felt this as my low water washing machine may not fit the bill.

I've been documenting Pumpkin's freshman year by taking Monday photos. I want to create a collage of sorts displaying his growth. I've embraced the idea even more and will expand it to Peanut's middle school years next year. This shot is not the best of Pumpkin, but I took it to show off his curls. Look how they wrap around the top of the hat. I have bone-straight hair and am enamored with his curls. His hair seems to get curlier and curlier! He got brownie points by wearing the hat I made him.

Lastly, Peanut was officially inducted into the Jr Beta Club. He actually joined last fall but did not make it to the ceremony until this semester.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That is a great idea--taking photos each Monday! I feel like the kids are growing up so super fast right now and changing before my eyes! I love your knitting... the patterns are gorgeous! And I hope you're feeling better now. I think we both got hit at the same time!