Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mother Nature's Surprise

Yesterday morning, I pulled myself out of bed and threw on some warm clothes to walk the dog. I could hear Pumpkin in the shower. I walked down the hall and glanced out the sidelights. What? There was lots of snow on the ground. What a wonderful surprise! I ran to the TV to confirm school was out. I ran upstairs and told Pumpkin. He could not believe it! We were totally surprised. I know the east coast is getting lots of snow. But, this even caught the local meterologists off guard. Five plus inches in this area is lots!

Pumpkin and I took Buddy around the block for his morning walk. It was snowing so hard. By the time we got around, we had a thick layer of snow on us. And, our tracks were covered. The Big Guy decided to work from home. We all had bacon and pancakes (I got to use the cinnamon chips. Yum!) The Big Guy stayed back. The boys and I headed outdoors.

Gorgeous

We don't get to use the sled very often. We headed for the high school and some hills.

I can't tell you how many times I got beamed with snowballs.

Much to my boys' surprise, I even rode the sled a few times. I have to admit I've become chicken little. The boys had a blast. I took video of them sledding. We created an imovie to show the Big Guy.

The perfect snow angel

The snow switched to rain and sleet. The streets are just wet this morning and most of the snow is melted. The temperature hung right at the freezing mark. Again, our school district is so big that the boys have today off too! This is a record, four days off school this winter. Yesterday was the best, though. The perfect snow day, a gift we all enjoyed from Mother Nature.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't believe you have that much snow! Of course compared to us, it's not that much ;) I haven't sledded in a long time and now I'm feeling bad for not going out with the kids. The picture of you on the sled is cute! I can still remember sledding in Greenhills and then going to your house to warm up! Good memories!!