Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine for my Sweetie

I remembered my little Valentine suprise to the Big Guy from last year. After thinking for a bit, I thought of the perfect song for this year. Last week, I downloaded Always by Atlantic Star on his Shuffle. In addition, I used Garageband and taped a voice over on some bars of the song-with fading too! It is just my little Valentine gift to him.

I did it days in advance. He runs with his songs in the shuffle mode and I wasn't sure he'd hear "my" songs. Little did I know that the weather was going to turn South! He did not run late last week or on Saturday due to weather and a challenging cross country 8k he planned on Sunday. He doesn't wear headphones in an organized run.

Anyway, he comes in on Sunday night to download some new music on to his Shuffle. I was totally unprepared. I tried to cover up the look on my face and play it off. No such luck! He synced his Shuffle and saw the two additions immediately.

The idea was grand. I wish the implementation went a bit differently. He did not mind at all stating that he was just thinking about music we listened to when we first met. Always was definitely one of them.

If you need some loving and a throw back in time, give this a whirl.


To the Big Guy - if he happens to sneak onto my blog - and at the risk of sounding corny I will love you so, for always!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow... it's been a long time since I heard this one! This is such a great idea! But I can't sing, so no voice-overs here!!

Imene said...

What a lovely way to surprise your husband!!