Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Record Highs, Say Goodbye!

We are SO tired of the heat! Please, Fall, knock on our door!

Last week, I did not give the weather too much thought when I created the weekly menu. It is the middle of September, afterall! I used the butternut squash. I made taco soup and I ended the week with lasagna. Yes! It was in the high 90s and I was making lasagna. We are ready for comfort foods. Thank goodness for the a/c. We got to enjoy the fall line up in comfort. They say we are going to break a record today. The high is supposed to be 100! Ugh!

In addition to the lasagna, I made a chocolate layer cake. It is funny. Peanut likes store bought icing. Go figure! Pumpkin and the Big Guy are fans of the homemade kind. As you can see, Pumpkin licked the utensils clean.

Peanut got his own email address. It is fun to watch the beginning of all the correspondence. He doesn't have a phone nor a facebook page. This is it. Here he is checking his mail right before going to bed. Love it!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm with you... send us some cooler weather!!! I made lasagne last week for the family before I went out of town! We must all be ready for fall. I'm just thankful for the a/c right now!!