Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fatty Tumor

A few months ago, we noticed a little bump near Buddy's rib cage. I guess I was in denial hoping that it might go away. I ended up taking him to the vet on Monday. The vet was impressed that we even discovered the lump. He did a needle aspiration of it and declared it an innocuous fatty tumor. Whew! Bud is okay. It may grow as he gets older, but we don't have to do anything right now.

Buddy was a great dog - just a little impatient waiting for the vet. His expression tells all!

Today he got groomed. He was shaking like a leaf when I left him at the groomer's. I bet he lost a few pounds with all the hair they trimmed off. He looks good and NOT exactly like a goat as The Big Guy keeps saying.

On a different note, I finished the book Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. It was an interesting book. I read it in large print - how easy is that? Each time I picked up the book, I felt like I read a ton as there weren't too many words on each page. The book pulled me in as one of the main characters was exposed. She is a 40 something daughter and wondering about life. I ask myself some of the same questions, where have I been and where do I want to go? It is fiction, but the book opened my eyes to the suffering in WWII in Leningrad. The book offered closure in the end leaving the reader with hope. The idealist in me loved that. Thanks for the rec, Sara!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad Buddy is okay. I had just read an article on pets saying that you should brush them regularly so that things like that (or pests) are found... so you are good pet owners!! I was laughing at the goat comment... he does not look like a goat at all!! Ask Buddy if he wants to come vacation up north with Elle... he might need some time off from all that teasing!
I'm going to look for that book too!

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.