Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Road


Bear with me on this photo. I used PhotoBooth and could not find the mirror option (is there one?) - time was of the essence.

Just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

On the inside cover there is a review from Bookforum stating, "There is an urgency to each page, and a raw emotional pull...it is as if you must keep reading in order for the characters to stay alive." This accurately describes my motivation to read the book. It is a bit hard to get into, but once I did, I wanted to keep reading. It is such a dark book. I had to reread the last few pages. I don't think I really got "it." The book does linger, though.

I'm on to something else. I've got Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah. My niece recommended it. They only had it in large print at the library. I don't think my eyes will mind this read!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Are you going to see the movie? Viggo Mortensen... looks like it might be good!