Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Pulling off the china, crystal, and silver was a bit harder this year as Valentine's Day fell on a Monday night.

The menu was very simple. The table was set and ready before I went to YoLo's. The boys liked coming home to something fancy.

After swim practice and time outdoors, the boys were ready to eat. They asked if they needed to change and we said no.

As in years past, a little something was hiding on their chairs. This year it was not "boring" book. Pumpkin got a new swim brief and Peanut got new tennis shoes. He really needed some running shoes. So, the gift was pretty practical.

While in Knoxville, Peanut and the Big Guy made some brownies using the heart-shaped pan. We added a dollop of Starbucks ice cream to 'em. Yummy!

The meal was great. We polished off our bottle of wine and I did not get a headache:) The Big Guy and I did the dishes. The boys ran upstairs to watch Cape. I watched some of the Westiminster dog show.

We are so grateful that we got to enjoy the evening with our Loved Family!



As a side note, I investigated completing our flatware. We have 12 of everything else but the Silver. Wow! Who knew the price of things. A 4pc place setting has really gone up! If I desire to complete it, I am going to have to do it one fork at a time.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I made heart shaped brownies too! And I pulled out the red cloth napkins because you said you were going fancy so I did too! I didn't get any gifts for the kids though, just cards. I can't believe how tall E looks next to A!!! Wow. I guess that's what happens when they get to high school! ;) So glad you had a good Valentine's Day! Oh, and the Starbucks ice cream sounds heavenly... must remember that one!