Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

This year, we changed it up a bit. We stayed at the Embassy Suites on the Ohio instead of at my mom's house. We stayed at that hotel on our wedding night. In honor of 20 years, we decide to go back.  It was wonderful.  The hotel was just okay, but the experience was wonderful. Pumpkin snapped the photo before we went to my brother's on Christmas Eve.
I snapped this one of my two boys.
We bugged out of our family celebration a bit early to make it to mass at the church we were married at. It is a tradition to head back there. It makes our visit to see the Pastor, Fr. Schappelle, who even married us. My niece came along too. It was a nice mass. We had to take a photo because they painted the church and changed the tabernacle. We had to document it to compare it to our other pictures.
After mass, we headed back to the hotel. We watched the Pope's midnight mass. I think more than one of us was dreaming about what it would like to be there.
After any trip, I ask what was best, what was worst, etc...kind of like an even better if analysis. It touched my heart that the boys said the liked watching the Pope's mass. In admidst all the commercialization, there are moments that they really get. Could not ask for more.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I still remember being at your wedding in that little church! That is really great that you could go back there this year.