Friday, December 2, 2011

Tree Lighting on Collierville Square

On Tuesday night, we braved the cold to head down to the town square for the tree lighting.

Three elementary school choirs sang and then the high school choirs sang. Man! The high school sounded wonderful. I can't wait for their concert on the 12th. They only sang two songs - didn't want to give too much away!

Here they are filing on to the bleachers.

A zoomed in shot of Pumpkin. I love that he is wearing the hat I made him:)

They have funny glasses on because the town employees were handing them out. When you look at the twinkling lights, you see snowmen.

Peanut is going to use his for the Christmas parade tonight. It won't be as cold, but cold enough to enjoy hot chocolate & cookies back at the house with a group of teenage boys.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I wish I lived in a community like yours... it would have been fun to hear them sing! What a great way to kick off the holidays!