Sunday, December 9, 2012

Music City Invitational

Last weekend Pumpkin and I were in Nashville for the Music City Invitational swim meet.  We were happy to only have a three hour drive as the other half of the family was headed to Atlanta, a 6+ hour drive.  The moon entertained us for some period of time.  It was impressive and the clouds added to it.
My swimmer had a wonderful meet.  He is very close to breaking the one minute mark on his 100 Breast.  In this photo he is getting ready to swim the 200 Breast in the B final. 
Earlier on Sunday, he swam the mile.  He was pleased with his very consistent splits.  We had to check out of the hotel by noon.  His only option was to take a nap in the car.  He doesn't look too comfortable but was deep asleep in seconds.  I sat in the car with my window cracked and knitted.
I am going to miss these times.  Only six months to graduation.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will get to see him swim in college.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I hope he will! It sounds like he's very good.